OUR SELF PACE BASIC 4 WEEK SOLAR APPRENTICE TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Full online course training
- Step by Step Tutorial hands on training Simulations
- Study Notes
- Solar Apprentice Certificate upon completion of the course
- Job placement opportunities
Having a High School Diploma, High School Certificate or Equivalent is Recommended to have prior to applying for employment with a business or company!
To learn more on how to obtain the minimum High School Equivalent for Employment Click Here.
“If you want to become a solar technician this is the fastest, most effective, exciting way to do it and you can take this high demanding skill anywhere you go nationally!“
You will learn:
- Solar basic fundamentals
- Foundations of PV
- Solar cell technology
- Solar module design
- Solar inverter technology
- The IV Curve
- Site assessment
- Array assembly installation
- Electrical Installation
- Mechanical Commissioning
- Electrical commissioning
- Solar system Troubleshooting
Q: How does the process work for your Solar Apprentice Course?
A: Here is how the process works in order:
- Enroll for our online apprentice course. To Enroll for this course click here
- Complete the online certification and training course.
- After passing your online training course, you will receive your digital/printable trade certificate in your course account.
- Apply for an entry level apprentice position with a company or business requiring employees.
- Complete the required hours necessary by your county or state to become a journeyman while employed (This is after you graduated from our apprentice course program).
Note: Step#5 may not be required depending on your county or state.
WHAT IS A SOLAR TECHNICIAN?
Solar technicians are responsible for assembling, installing, and maintaining solar panel systems on rooftops or other structures. Solar technicians are often mechanically minded and like to work outdoors. Their work is physical, requiring them to be on their feet most of the day, climb ladders, and carry the panels.
AVERAGE SOLAR TECHNICIAN SALARY
YEARLY: $52,521 per year
HOURLY: $27.35 per hour
These are some of the requirements that employers look for below
Solar Tech Job Duties and Responsibilities
PV installers typically do the following:
- Plan PV system configuration based on customer needs, expectations, and site conditions
- Connect PV panels to the power grid
- Install solar modules, panels, or support structures in accordance with building codes and standards
- Apply weather sealing to equipment being installed
- Perform routine PV system maintenance
- Activate and test PV systems to verify performance
Solar Apprentice Technician Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Solar apprentice certification & training from a trade school.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when needed.
“Become the best solar technician you can be and enroll today!“