OUR SELF PACE BASIC 4 WEEK SOLAR TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Full online course training
- Step by Step Tutorial hands on training Simulations
- Study Notes
- Solar Certificate upon completion of the course
- Job placement opportunities
If you do not have your High School diploma then feel free to take our 2 week online high school diploma program!
“If you want to become a solar technician this is the fastest, most effective, exciting way to do it and you can take this high demanding skill anywhere you go nationally!“
You will learn:
- Solar basic fundamentals
- Foundations of PV
- Solar cell technology
- Solar module design
- Solar inverter technology
- The IV Curve
- Site assessment
- Array assembly installation
- Electrical Installation
- Mechanical Commissioning
- Electrical commissioning
- Solar system Troubleshooting
WHAT IS A SOLAR TECHNICIAN?
Solar technicians are responsible for assembling, installing, and maintaining solar panel systems on rooftops or other structures. Solar technicians are often mechanically minded and like to work outdoors. Their work is physical, requiring them to be on their feet most of the day, climb ladders, and carry the panels.
AVERAGE SOLAR TECHNICIAN SALARY
YEARLY: $52,521 per year
HOURLY: $27.35 per hour
These are some of the requirements that employers look for below
Solar Tech Job Duties and Responsibilities
PV installers typically do the following:
- Plan PV system configuration based on customer needs, expectations, and site conditions
- Connect PV panels to the power grid
- Install solar modules, panels, or support structures in accordance with building codes and standards
- Apply weather sealing to equipment being installed
- Perform routine PV system maintenance
- Activate and test PV systems to verify performance
Solar Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- Trade School Certificate of Completion
- Willingness to continue education in the Solar field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of Solar.
- Working knowledge of PV Systems.
- Proficient in working on rooftops.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when needed.
“Become the best solar technician you can be and enroll today!“